This Day ... Made by God

"This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." ~ Psalm 118:24

This is one of my favorite Psalms. I know the reason why, too. It buoys my spirit to know that not even the devil incarnate can claim it. Cold, wet rainy or otherwise, it means I am alive and I darn sure embrace that. Still, just getting home and it is officially the second day of a new year, a new decade, and now ... a new day.

I spent the day with family and friends, played games, laughed, held little ones, spent time with my grandson (now 15), his father and aunt and uncle (my children), and feeling spry. Not hurting one bit. I did not get a chance to wish a Happy New Year to many of you, but it was not an oversight. Time did not allow for one on one celebrations. New Year's Eve, I spent a Kwanzaa evening with my community celebrating Kuumba (Creativity) and had a chance to call in the New Year with drums and dancing.

So, this is my Happy New Year's clarion call. Sorry, 2019 was somewhat of a bust, but we can now look back and realize that 2019 had some powerful lessons in it. We are going to rise to the challenges of fake news, alternative facts, tweet-arambas, and a slew of depressing, frustrating and maddening events. Some I am closer to (happenings in my own community and surrounding areas), and of course nationally with a smidgen of international intrigue. But, I am working diligently to keep my focus, reconfirm my goals as we did this day (Thanks, little sister for the vision boarding), and revel with the opportunity to meet those challenges that come my way.

As my friend said to me on Tuesday, "Hindsight is 2020." Remember that in looking back, you can actually shine the light on Truth and kick the daylight into action for good. I urge you to be the source of better because we deserve much MORE than what 2019 wrought.

So, yeah, while I look at the New Year as opportunities for wisdom and growth, every day is made by God. However, you see. feel or think of your faith practice, there is no reason to be sad about the burden of 2019. Karma is here and here's hoping your karma is mucho good. Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts