COLOR ME ...


“We pray for the big things and forget to give thanks
for the ordinary, small (and yet really not small) gifts.” 

Today, like every Thanksgiving, I stop and acknowledge what I am thankful for … well, because that's what Thanksgiving has been about to me. It is a time of reflection and a day of rest usually with family, but not always my biological one. I have shared this day in different parts of America, with several different faiths, but home is where the heart is. I am grateful that I am home with my children and other family because it is time to bring what I've gathered back to those at home.

When one travels as I have, doing the work that I felt called to do, learning about different cultures and faiths, I realize that Thanksgiving should not be about Turkey or celebrating the Pilgrims when we know that 1) some people don't eat meat, and 2) that the Pilgrims decimated tribes across this land. More, we know that established holidays are sometimes built on lies and challenges. I think of events that say "peace" but offer the challenges that make us uncomfortable. 

I know of holidays across the globe that are very important to me and I'm not being politically correct when I say that I share these holidays with friends of those faiths or cultures. Why? Well, it is because that is what I do. It is what I've learned in my travels. So, today the graphic is a black and white picture of the bounty of food and I'm hoping that you print it out and COLOR IT THANKFUL. From me to you. I am thankful for each and everyone of you today and every day!

Peace.


Comments

Popular Posts